Friday, August 19, 2011

The excellence of asking for Allah's blessings upon the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam)


The prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

1) Whoever calls for Allah's blessings upon me once will be blessed for it by Allah ten times
(muslim 1/228)

2) Do not make my grave a place of ritual observances but call for Allah's blessings upon me for your blessings reach me wherever you are (Abu Dawud 2/218, Ahmad 2/367)

3) The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned yet does not call for Allah's blessings upon me
(Tirmidhi 3/177)

4) The angels who roam the earth convey to me the greetings of my ummah (nation)
(An-Nasai, Al-Hakim 2/421)

5) No one asks for Allah's blessings upon me but Allah returns my soul so that I may return his greetings (Abu Dawud 2041)

Exchanging greetings of Salaam

The prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

1) you shall not enter paradise until you believe and you have not believed until you love one another. Shall I tell you of something you can do to love one another ? Give one another frequent greetings of Salaam. (muslim 1/74)

2) Abdullah bin Umar (radiallaahu anhu) said: A man asked the prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) what is the best act of a muslim ? He (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) to feed others and to give greetings of Salaam to those whom you know and to those whom you do not know.(muslim 1/65)

compiled by Shahid Bhatti

Reference source :
westlondondawah archive message #243